- Water masses traced by neodymium isotopic compositions at an unprecedented level in the North Atlantic Ocean
As part of the Dutch GEOTRACES GA02 section, Myriam Lambelet analysed neodymium (Nd) isotopic compositions and concentrations at 12 profiles in the North West Atlantic Ocean, extending from the south of Iceland down to the Sargasso Sea...
- When a multi-parameter end-member mixing model allows a quantitative deconvolution of the dissolved rare earth elements behaviour
The dissolved Rare Earth Elements (dREE) data discussed by Zheng and co-workers have been collected along a full depth section at 12°S in the South Atlantic Ocean, using a new high-precision analytical protocol...
- What do the first 236-Uranium data reveal in the Arctic Ocean?
Casacuberta and co-authors propose the first set of data for the artificial radionuclide 236-Uranium in the Arctic Ocean. The novelty of this study compared to the first comprehensive dataset they published in the western North Atlantic Ocean, is the combination of 236-Uranium with 129-Iodine...
In addition, GEOTRACES shared a booth with other international projects of the Scientific Committee of Oceanic Research (SCOR). GEOTRACES Scientific Steering Committee members and the International Project Office staff were available to inform visitors about the programme and provide GEOTRACES materials. A video documenting GEOTRACES research activities was played at the booth. Discover it here!
Picture: GEOTRACES at Ocean Sciences 2016. Please click here to view the picture larger.
- Struve, T., van de Flierdt, T., Robinson, L. F., Bradtmiller, L. I., Hines, S. K., Adkins, J. F., Lambelet, M., Crocket, K.C., Kreissig, K., Coles, B., Auro, M. E. (2016). Neodymium isotope analyses after combined extraction of actinide and lanthanide elements from seawater and deep-sea coral aragonite. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 17(1), 232–240. doi:10.1002/2015GC006130.
- Frants, M., Holzer, M., DeVries, T., & Matear, R. (2016). Constraints on the global marine iron cycle from a simple inverse model. Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, 121(1), 28–51. doi:10.1002/2015JG003111.
- Lambelet, M., van de Flierdt, T., Crocket, K., Rehkämper, M., Kreissig, K., Coles, B., Rijkenberg, M.J.A., Gerringa, L.J.A., de Baar, H.J.W., Steinfeldt, R. (2016). Neodymium isotopic composition and concentration in the western North Atlantic Ocean: results from the GEOTRACES GA02 section. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 177, 1–29. doi:10.1016/j.gca.2015.12.019.
-Zheng, X.-Y., Plancherel, Y., Saito, M. A., Scott, P. M., & Henderson, G. M. (2016). Rare earth elements (REEs) in the tropical South Atlantic and quantitative deconvolution of their non-conservative behaviour. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 177, 217–237. doi:10.1016/j.gca.2016.01.018.
Banner 3D scene figure: 3D scene showing the distribution of dissolved iron in the Atlantic Ocean. Source: Schlitzer, R., eGEOTRACES - Electronic Atlas of GEOTRACES Sections and Animated 3D Scenes, http://www.egeotraces.org, 2014.